Different Types of Digital Marketing Strategies
Digital Marketing makes your audience aware of you and attracts them online to buy your products or services.
Here are the different types of digital marketing strategies you can employ to achieve your marketing goals:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) is all about making search engines like Google, Bing, etc. understand what your website is about, which in turn helps you gain prospect leads when those search engines redirect users to your website for relevant keywords. You can start by employing a valid XML sitemap on your website. Also, make sure the meta tags, especially meta keywords and meta descriptions, are well worded and relevant to your website’s content to start ranking for the keywords you want to target.
- Search engine marketing (SEM) There are two types of traffic you can get from search engines: – organic by the use of SEO practices, and – paid by purchasing ads on Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and other pay-per-click advertising (PPC) platforms. Do note that PPC advertising options are offered by social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and so on. You can start by setting up your Google AdWords account.
- Content marketing This digital marketing strategy is based on the fact that content is KING. When a visitor comes to your website and you don’t have good content on it to showcase your products or services, or how you can benefit the user, that visitor will promptly leave your website to go visit your competitor’s website and possibly buy from them. Therefore, content is the driving force behind any digital marketing campaign. So start by determining what content is suitable for your brand, which content types and ideas would work best, as well as when and how often to publish your content to make the right impact. You can start by setting up your editorial calendar.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) is about using the power of social media to establish a connection with your target audience and delivering powerful and valuable content to them without pushing for a sale. The end result of making a sale will happen with no apparent effort, as long as you are proving value to your audience. Start by telling stories about your product or service, build a community of your customers, or simply use social media as the customer service desk of your company.
- Affiliate marketing is where people earn a commission from a sale resulting from their promotional efforts. You can start by offering an affiliate program on your website itself where people can earn a commission from every purchase order you receive based on their efforts. Or you can sign up on affiliate networks for the same.
- Email marketing Last but not least, there is email marketing. This strategy provides you with a direct connection to your customers and prospective buyers. Focus on building your email list from your website, and you can bet your efforts will be rewarded handsomely. You can start a monthly newsletter, or set up an RSS email campaign that goes out to your subscribers every time you publish on your blog.
Over to you… If you are getting started in digital marketing, pick one or two strategies from above. Focus your efforts on these strategies and once you start seeing the results, you can go ahead and try out the other strategies too. Avoid the FOMO (fear of missing out). There’s no need to indulge in all strategies all at once. Take your time to analyse which strategies will work best for your brand, and then dive deeper into each eligible digital marketing strategy.