Canon Asks More Toner Cartridges to Be Removed
Canon continued its efforts in fighting against infringement, seeking certain toner cartridges to be removed from Amazon listings in Italy, Canada and the U.S.
Canon Inc. today announced the filing of a Report Infringement Form with Amazon Italy based on the alleged use of claim 1 and 25 of the Italian portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 2 087 407 regarding the cartridge model “CE505X” offered by SOS PROMOTING DI ANASTASIO GIANFRANCO under the ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers) B004V5AYJ2, B078J539K6 and B01DT2MESG.
Afterwards, Amazon took down the respective products. These products are compatible with the OEM HP cartridge model CE505X and provide inter alia a non-OEM coupling member, a non-OEM drum as well as a non-OEM housing.
Canon’s infringement report alleged that certain model CF380A, CF381A, CF382A and CF383A toner cartridges sold by CRBH-UC via Amazon.ca infringed Canon’s Canadian Patent no. 2,635,791. Canon requested the removal of the corresponding listings for these products, having Amazon Standard Identification Numbers B07ZBDR7VW, B083GT1MDV, B07WJ4PRZC, B0836ZJRS2, B081H83MDM, B0836YXZ2H, B07ZBDNS7Y, B07WK6PT7M, B07WDXM1BQ, B07WJ55Z1Y, B07WH2F8D8 and B081H885WF.
At the time of this announcement, the above identified listings were no longer available on Amazon.ca.
Canon’s infringement report alleged that certain model CF218A toner cartridges sold by hnl-us via Amazon.com infringed Canon’s U.S. Patent No. 8,688,008. Canon requested that Amazon remove hnl-us’s listings for those products, namely, hnl-us’s listings with Amazon Standard Identification Numbers (“ASINs”) B08R356NDK and B08R34L3J5.
At the time of this announcement, the above-identified listings were no longer available on Amazon.com.
- May 6, 2021: Canon Takes Down More Toner Cartridges
- April 25, 2021: Another Day with More Canon Takedowns on Amazon
- April 13, 2021: Canon Continues to File Infringement Reports with Amazon
- April 8, 2021: More Toner Cartridges Requested to be Removed Again
- April 7, 2021: Canon Makes New Removal Requests to Amazon
- March 25, 2021: Canon Files More Infringement Reports to Amazon In March
- March 17, 2021: Canon Filed More Infringement Reports to Amazon
- March 3, 2021: Canon Continues Amazon Removal Request in March
- February 24, 2021: Canon Requests More Cartridges Removed from Amazon
- February 19, 2021: Canon Requests Amazon to Delist More Cartridges in Europe
- February 11, 2021: Canon Orders More Takedowns in Canada and Germany
- February 2, 2021: Canon Requests More Delistings
- January 25, 2021: Canon Requests More Toner Cartridges Removed
- January 20, 2021: Canon Continues Fighting Infringement on Amazon
- January 14, 2021: Canon Requests More Cartridges Removed from Amazon
- January 7, 2021: Canon Filed More Report Infringement Forms with Amazon
Please leave your comments below for the story “Canon Asks More Toner Cartridges to Be Removed”