Canon Makes New Removal Requests to Amazon
Canon continued its efforts in fighting infringing products, requesting certain toner cartridges removed from Amazon listings.
- Canon claimed that certain model CF218A toner cartridges sold by SUJIN via Amazon.com infringed Canon’s U.S. Patent Nos. 8,280,278; 8,630,564; 8,682,215; 8,688,008; and 8,676,090. Canon requested that Amazon remove SUJIN’s listings for those products, namely, SUJIN’s listings with Amazon Standard Identification Numbers (“ASINs”) B08FJ5JV5Z, B08FJ6441D, B08FJ7D62P, B08GQ17QN2, B08GPDD12D, B08GP9BY65, B08DKTL3J5 and B08DKRX5LR.
At the time of this announcement, the above-identified SUJIN listings were no longer available on Amazon.com.
- Canon claimed that certain model CF350A, CF351A, CF352A and CF353A toner cartridges sold by StarTech Office Supplies via Amazon.com infringed Canon’s U.S. Patent No. 8,688,008. Canon requested that Amazon remove StarTech Office Supplies’ listings for those products, namely, StarTech Office Supplies’ listings with Amazon Standard Identification Numbers (“ASINs”) B01AUGB3KE, B0786NFT12, B01ETA74LO, B084KV5NX9, B01AUGB4BC, B01E145LRM, B01E145NUM, B01E145MSK, B01A7ZR2D0, B088FQCV13, B084KS5Y3Q and B084GND5YR.
At the time of this announcement, the above-identified StarTech Office Supplies’ listings were no longer available on Amazon.com.
Canon also filed Report Infringement Forms with Amazon.de, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.it and Amazon.es based on the alleged use of claims 1 and 2 of the German, UK, Italian and Spanish portions of Canon’s European Patent EP 1 977 289 (“EP ‘289”) regarding certain models of toner cartridges offered by TaiYuanShiXiaoDianQuDaZhongBianLiDian under the following ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers).
Afterwards, Amazon took down the respective products. These products are compatible with the OEM HP cartridge models and provide inter alia a non-OEM housing and a non-OEM force receiving device according to claim 1 of EP ‘289. Furthermore, they comprise an elastic portion according to claim 2 of EP ‘289.
- March 25, 2021, Canon Files More Infringement Reports to Amazon In March
- March 17, 2021, Canon Filed More Infringement Reports to Amazon
- March 3, 2021, Canon Continues Amazon Removal Request in March
- 24, 2021, Canon Requests More Cartridges Removed from Amazon
- February 19, 2021, Canon Requests Amazon to Delist More Cartridges in Europe
- February 11, 2021, Canon Orders More Takedowns in Canada and Germany
- February 2, 2021: Canon Requests More Delistings
- January 25, 2021: Canon Requests More Toner Cartridges Removed
- January 20, 2021: Canon Continues Fighting Infringement on Amazon
- January 14, 2021: Canon Requests More Cartridges Removed from Amazon
- January 7, 2021: Canon Filed More Report Infringement Forms with Amazon
Please leave your comments below for this news story “Canon Makes New Removal Requests to Amazon”