Canon Orders More Takedowns in Canada and Germany
The OEM continues to requests the takedown of allegedly infringing products from Amazon online sales around the world. This time Amazon in Canada and Germany have followed through on Canon’s requests.
Vendors have the right to appeal against the takedowns and it should be noted that some products are returned to Amazon portals after they have provided evidence of no wrongdoing. In spite of this Canon continues its relentless series of takedowns across the globe with vendors being considered guilty until they can prove otherwise.
According to Canon’s website, it has filed an infringement report with Amazon.ca seeking the removal of listings for certain toner cartridges sold by StarTech Office Supplies and KJM Online Enterprise.
- In the matter related to StarTech, “Canon’s infringement report alleged that certain model CB540A, CB541A, CB542A, CB543A, CE320A, CE321A, CE322A and CE323A toner cartridges sold by StarTech Office Supplies via Amazon.ca infringed Canon’s Canadian Patent no. 2,635,791. Canon requested the removal of the corresponding listings for these products, having Amazon Standard Identification Numbers B07F6ZW3R9, B07HC7NFSZ, B01FVJJ3I4, B07N783FBP, B01FVOYAYG, B06VVGQP9T, B07M5T5HCD and B07PQC115W.
- In the matter related to KJM Online Enterprise, “Canon’s infringement report alleged that certain model CE320A, CE321A, CE322A, CE323A, CF380X, CF381A, CF382A and CF383A toner cartridges sold by KJM Online Enterprise via Amazon.ca infringed Canon’s Canadian Patent no. 2,635,791. Canon requested the removal of the corresponding listings for these products, having Amazon Standard Identification Numbers B01LY5ZTE7 and B01LYSX7YT.
“At the time of this announcement, products sold under the above-identified listings were no longer available on Amazon.ca.”
It is interesting to note that Canon also adds “Filing an infringement report with Amazon.ca is a service offered by Amazon and does not constitute an official finding of infringement. The decision to take down a product is in the discretion of Amazon and is based on information provided by Canon.”
Canon filed Report Infringement Forms with Amazon.de “based on the alleged use of claims 1 of the German portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 2 137 577 (“EP ‘577”) regarding certain models of toner cartridges CF350A, CF351A, CF352A and CF353A offered by xianshi yanliangqu canqiubaihuodianshanghang under the following ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers) B07R3G88D6.
Afterwards, Amazon took down the respective products. These products are compatible with the respective OEM HP cartridge models and provide inter alia a non-OEM housing, a non-OEM developing roller, as well as a non-OEM coupling member comprising a rotating force receiving portion and a rotating force transmitting portion according to claim 1 of EP ‘577.
- February 10, 2021: Canon Orders More Takedowns in Canada and Germany
- February 2, 2021: Canon Requests More Delistings
- January 25, 2021: Canon Requests More Toner Cartridges Removed
- January 20, 2021: Canon Continues Fighting Infringement on Amazon
- January 14, 2021: Canon Requests More Cartridges Removed from Amazon
- January 7, 2021: Canon Filed More Report Infringement Forms with Amazon
- December 24, 2020: Canon Asks More to be Removed
- December 17, 2020: Canon Requests More Toner Cartridges Delisted from Amazon
- December 11, 2020: Canon Requests More Cartridges Removed
- December 3, 2020: Canon Requests More Products Delisted
- November 25, 2020: Canon Requests More Removals in Three Countries
- November 16, 2020: Canon Made More Removal Request to Amazon Again
- November 11, 2020: Canon Made More Removal Requests
- November 2, 2020: Canon Orders Removal of Thousands of Infringing Products
- October 22, 2020: Canon Requests Removal in Canada and UK
- October 8, 2020: Canon Continues its War Against Infringing Online Sales
- September 23, 2020: Canon Continues Removal Requests in Canada and Mexico
- July 31, 2020: Canon Boasts Thousands of Infringing Removals from Amazon
- July 15, 2020: Amazon Removes Infringing Cartridges in Canada USA and Europe
- July 3, 2020:Three More Removal Requests by Canon to Amazon
- June 28, 2020: Amazon Steps Up to Keep Fighting Counterfeits
- June 22, 2020: Canon Pulls Products off Amazon in Australia USA and UK
- June 18, 2020: Canon Orders More Amazon Removals in Two Countries
- June 11, 2020: Three Strikes You’re Out: Canon Requests of Amazon
- June 3, 2020: Canon Diligently Makes More Amazon Removal Requests
Please leave your comments to the story “Canon Orders More Takedowns in Canada and Germany” below.