Canon Requests More Removals in Three Countries
Canon continues its efforts in filing infringement form with Amazon, seeking the removal of Amazon listings for certain cartridges in Australia, Canada and Germany.
Canon Inc. announced the filing of a Report Infringement Form with Amazon Australia based on the alleged infringement of claim 160 of Canon’s Australian Patent Number AU2014208277 regarding the cartridge model CE505A offered by NES Printer Supplies & Services under the ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) B07BRV9HWV. After receipt of the Report Infringement Form, Amazon took down the respective product. This product provides a non-OEM coupling member, a non-OEM drum as well as a non-OEM housing.
Canon’s infringement report alleged that certain model CB540A, CB541A, CB542A and CB543A toner cartridges sold by Zulu Inks via Amazon.ca infringed Canon’s Canadian Patent no. 2,635,791. Canon requested the removal of the corresponding listings for these products, having Amazon Standard Identification Numbers B009XHZA9M and B009XI6UZY.
At the time of this announcement, the above-identified listings were no longer available on Amazon.ca.
Canon announced today that it filed Report Infringement Forms with Amazon.de based on the alleged use of claims 1 of the German portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 2 137 577 (“EP ‘577”) regarding certain models of toner cartridges CE310A, CE311A, CE312A and CE313A offered by MWT Mehrwegtoner UG under the following ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number): B07D3T97QX.
Afterwards, Amazon took down the respective products. These products are compatible with the respective OEM HP cartridge models and provide inter alia a non-OEM housing, a non-OEM developing roller, as well as a non-OEM coupling member comprising a rotating force receiving portion and a rotating force transmitting portion according to claim 1 of EP ‘577.
Previously, Canon filed an infringement report with Amazon. Ca, alleging that certain model CE320A, CE321A, CE322A and CE323A toner cartridges sold by Ink Toner 4 You via Amazon.ca infringed Canon’s Canadian Patent no. 2,635,791.
Canon also filed an Infringement Form with Amazon.de based on the alleged use of claims 1 and 2 of the German portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 1 977 289 (“EP ‘289”) regarding the cartridge models CE410A, CE411A, CE412A and CE413A offered by TT Recycling GmBH under the ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) B009JBHPAO.
- Nov. 16, 2020 Canon Made More Removal Request to Amazon Again
- 11,2020 Canon Made More Removal Requests
- 2, 2020 Canon Orders Removal of Thousands of Infringing Products
- October 22, 2020: Canon Requests Removal in Canada and UK
- October 8, 2020: Canon Continues its War Against Infringing Online Sales
- September 23, 2020: Canon Continues Removal Requests in Canada and Mexico
- July 31, 2020: Canon Boasts Thousands of Infringing Removals from Amazon
- July 15, 2020: Amazon Removes Infringing Cartridges in Canada USA and Europe
- July 3, 2020:Three More Removal Requests by Canon to Amazon
- June 28, 2020: Amazon Steps Up to Keep Fighting Counterfeits
- June 22, 2020: Canon Pulls Products off Amazon in Australia USA and UK
- June 18, 2020: Canon Orders More Amazon Removals in Two Countries
- June 11, 2020: Three Strikes You’re Out: Canon Requests of Amazon
- June 3, 2020: Canon Diligently Makes More Amazon Removal Requests
- Canon Continues to Make Amazon Removal Requests
Please leave your comment to the story “Canon Requests More Removals in Three Countries” below.