Canon Requests More Toner Cartridges Removed
Canon continues its efforts in making more requests to Amazon, asking certain toner cartridges to be removed.
Canon Inc. filed an infringement report with Amazon.ca, alleging that certain model CF210A, CF211A, CF212A and CF213A toner cartridges sold by GUOCHUNHONG via Amazon.ca infringed Canon’s Canadian Patent no. 2,635,791. Canon requested the removal of the corresponding listings for these products, having Amazon Standard Identification Number B07PRBH2D5.
At the time of this announcement, the above identified listings were no longer available on Amazon.ca.
Canon filed Report Infringement Forms with Amazon.de, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.it and Amazon.es based on the alleged use of claims 1 and 2 of the German, UK, Italian and Spanish portions of Canon’s European Patent EP 1 977 289 (“EP ‘289”) regarding certain models of toner cartridges offered by guanghanshixiaohongmaoqichezhuangshifuwubu under the following ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers).
Afterwards, Amazon took down the respective products. These products are compatible with the OEM HP cartridge models and provide inter alia a non-OEM housing and a non-OEM force receiving device according to claim 1 of EP ‘289. Furthermore, they comprise an elastic portion according to claim 2 of EP ‘289.
Canon Inc. announced that the District Court Düsseldorf issued a judgement of acceptance (docket no. 4a O 33/19) in the patent infringement proceedings against the German company Tito-Express IP & Marketing GmbH, doing business as “Tito-Express”, and its managing director after Defendants acknowledged all claims asserted by Canon. The decision is based on infringement of the German portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 1 977 289 B1 (in the following: “EP ‘289”) and concerns the offering and distribution of certain laser toner cartridges including a developing unit moveable relative to the drum unit when receiving force via a force receiving device through, inter alia, www.amazon.de, www.shop.tito-express.de and via the eBay shop “Tito-Express-Shop”. According to the decision, Tito-Express IP & Marketing GmbH, as well as its managing director, are, inter alia, enjoined from offering for sale and distributing certain laser toner cartridges that make use of EP ‘289 and, furthermore, paid damages to Canon Inc. The cartridges at issue can replace the OEM cartridge models HP CC530A, HP CC531A, HP CC532A, HP CC533A, HP CB540A, HP CB541A, HP CB542A and HP CB543A as well as the models HP CE320A, HP CE321A, HP CE322A and HP CE323A which are compatible with HP laser beam printers.
- Jan.20,2021, Canon Continues Fighting Infringement on Amazon
- 14,2021, Canon Requests More Cartridges Removed from Amazon
- January 7, 2021, Canon Filed More Report Infringement Forms with Amazon
- 24, 2020, Canon Asks More to be Removed
- Dec,17, 2020,Canon Requests More Toner Cartridges Delisted from Amazon
- 2020 Canon Requests More Cartridges Removed
- 3, 2020 Canon Requests More Products Delisted
- 25, 2020 Canon Requests More Removals in Three Countries
- 16, 2020 Canon Made More Removal Request to Amazon Again
- 11,2020 Canon Made More Removal Requests
- 2, 2020 Canon Orders Removal of Thousands of Infringing Products
- October 22, 2020: Canon Requests Removal in Canada and UK
- October 8, 2020: Canon Continues its War Against Infringing Online Sales
- September 23, 2020: Canon Continues Removal Requests in Canada and Mexico
- July 31, 2020: Canon Boasts Thousands of Infringing Removals from Amazon
- July 15, 2020: Amazon Removes Infringing Cartridges in Canada USA and Europe
- July 3, 2020:Three More Removal Requests by Canon to Amazon
- June 28, 2020: Amazon Steps Up to Keep Fighting Counterfeits
- June 22, 2020: Canon Pulls Products off Amazon in Australia USA and UK
- June 18, 2020: Canon Orders More Amazon Removals in Two Countries
- June 11, 2020: Three Strikes You’re Out: Canon Requests of Amazon
- June 3, 2020: Canon Diligently Makes More Amazon Removal Requests
Please leave your comments to the story “Canon Requests More Toner Cartridges Removed” below.