More Takedowns Requested by Canon
Canon continued its efforts in fighting against infringement, seeking certain toner cartridges removed from Amazon listings in Europe, Middle East, and Canada.
Canon Inc. announced the filing of Report Infringement Forms with Amazon ES based on the alleged use of claims 1 and 2 of the Spanish portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 1 977 289 (“EP ‘289”) regarding the cartridge models CC530A, CC531A, CC532A and CC533A offered by Yulinshihengshanquyanyancaizhuang under the ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers) B089CFTMWV, B0899QN8MC, B0899LVMTW, B0899LM88W, B089CGYZW5, B0899GK6WP, B0897NQCVW, B089CPSJLM, B089CKTZ31, B089CPWTBR, B089CFT1KT, B0899C8HLT, B08998QKH7, B089996X8Z, B0899PWCBQ, B0899SSV6K, B0899G2FJ8, B0899KWRBQ, B08998YVB6, B089CWV1N6, B089CSLV1F, B0899P63XM, B0899HZ9P3, B0899KZ2LK, B0897N9VSN, B0899GM4MC, B089CX6V44, B089CK2DL1, B0899JM1TX, B0899CLPX, B0899JVTVT, B0899CRD8C, B0897M7RX5, B089CYZVR6, B089CTPQ8D, B0899LP8JQ, B0899NYJRB, B0899RN4YT and B0897NZP8S.
Afterwards, Amazon took down the respective products. These products are compatible with the aforementioned OEM HP cartridge models and provide inter alia a non-OEM housing and a non-OEM force receiving device according to claim 1 of EP ‘289. Furthermore, they comprise an elastic portion according to claim 2 of EP ‘289.
On the same day, Canon Inc. announced the filing of a Report Infringement Form with Amazon.com.tr based on the alleged use of claims 1 and 25 of the Turkish portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 2 087 407 regarding the cartridge model CE505X, CE255A and CF226A offered by Premium34 under the ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers) B07Z54HCWV, B07K1DP7PL and B07K1G1KCF.
Afterwards, Amazon took down the respective product. This product is compatible with the aforementioned OEM HP cartridge models and provides inter alia a non-OEM coupling member, a non-OEM drum as well as a non-OEM housing.
Canon’s infringement report alleged that certain model CC532A, CE412X, CF382X, CC530A, CE410A and CF380X toner cartridges sold by Hibrox-ca via Amazon.ca infringed Canon’s Canadian Patent no. 2,635,791. Canon requested the removal of the corresponding listings for these products, having Amazon Standard Identification Numbers B07FYXMLSM and B07WVS6DCV.
At the time of this announcement, the above-identified listings were no longer available on Amazon.ca.
- May11,2021, Canon Asks More Toner Cartridges to Be Removed
- May 6, 2021: Canon Takes Down More Toner Cartridges
- April 25, 2021: Another Day with More Canon Takedowns on Amazon
- April 13, 2021: Canon Continues to File Infringement Reports with Amazon
- April 8, 2021: More Toner Cartridges Requested to be Removed Again
- April 7, 2021: Canon Makes New Removal Requests to Amazon
- March 25, 2021: Canon Files More Infringement Reports to Amazon In March
- March 17, 2021: Canon Filed More Infringement Reports to Amazon
- March 3, 2021: Canon Continues Amazon Removal Request in March
- February 24, 2021: Canon Requests More Cartridges Removed from Amazon
- February 19, 2021: Canon Requests Amazon to Delist More Cartridges in Europe
- February 11, 2021: Canon Orders More Takedowns in Canada and Germany
- February 2, 2021: Canon Requests More Delistings
- January 25, 2021: Canon Requests More Toner Cartridges Removed
- January 20, 2021: Canon Continues Fighting Infringement on Amazon
- January 14, 2021: Canon Requests More Cartridges Removed from Amazon
- January 7, 2021: Canon Filed More Report Infringement Forms with Amazon
Please leave your comments below for the story “More Takedowns Requested by Canon ”