Not All Toners Work As Berto Finds Out
Not all toners are born equal. Most end-users are already aware that if you buy low-quality products for your copier and printers in the office you could end up with “egg all over your face.” Or toner. As our resident cartoonist Berto has depicted this month.
The HaoYinBao Group, better known around the globe as HYB is a manufacturer of toners, component parts and other supplies, mainly for copiers. They focus on the quality end of the spectrum. While their toners and machine parts are cheaper than the OEM prices, they are more expensive than the cheaper end of the aftermarket spectrum.
It is a standard that HYB’s founding CEO Vincent Chen has insisted upon since he established the company in 1998. His vision was to start and keep HYB at the frontier in terms of research and development, quality control and the standardization of copier imaging supplies and parts.
According to HYB’s Kim Lee, there are two constant concerns expressed by all potential partners and distributors who visit the HYB plant in Zhuhai or Yuzhou. Each wants to know:
- how HYB manages to produce premium quality products, and
- how the company is able to maintain consistency in each shipment.
“Don’t just settle for what you see,” Lee said. “Meet Mr Wenhao Gu (pictured), HYB’s technical director who has been here since 2009.
“Buyers are a lot smarter than most of us realize,” Gu said. “They are not really interested in whether you have a laboratory, so much as what you do in it.”
RT Media ImagingWorld has featured HYB in the magazine and with feature articles and columns.
You can read more on this topic:
- The Lab that Converts Smart Buyers into Loyal Customers: David Gibbons visits the lab that genuinely wins over potential buyers to become loyal, long-standing customers.
- The HYB Special edition of RT ImagingWorld magazine
- HYB: The First Customer Choice for Copier Consumables: Maggie Wang notes HYB has been recognized and awarded as a first-choice supplier for copier consumables by over 700 importers from 77 countries.
- 6 Quick Questions: Emphasizing Quality Over Price: Kim Lee reveals how to successfully chase and capture OEM business.
- Your Brand Acts as an Influence of Choice: Mark Dawson notes some aftermarket companies are proudly promoting their brand to such an extent that customers are now demanding only those toners for their hard copy devices.
- Can the Chinese Really Deliver What the Rest of Us Want? David Gibbons examines the innovativeness of China over the centuries and following his visit to the HYB lab and QC testing centre is convinced China does have the capability to innovate, disrupt and supply those of us in the West with outstanding quality products. You can also watch Gibbons’ video opinion.
- Visit the HYB Find-a-Supplier online profile
Cartoon #95 Not All Toners Work As Berto Finds Out
Last month’s Berto cartoon: Berto Discovers What Shocks Buyers Most About Suppliers