Canon Counts Takedowns in Q3
Through Amazon’s Reporting Tool, letters of inquiry and/or information letters, Canon removed 3,294 listings in the third quarter from Amazon in Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands and Turkey.
Since June 2018, the total number of listings removed from Amazon in the above-mentioned countries is said to be 24,082. The listings offered third-party laser toner cartridges from vendors which Canon believes infringed one or more of European Patent No. 2 087 407, European Patent EP 2 137 577 and European Patent No. 1 977 289.
On the same day, Canon also reported that 144 listings were removed from Amazon in Canada, Mexico and the United States of America in the third quarter.
Since June 2018, the total number of listings removed from Amazon in Canada, Mexico and the United States of America is 3,159*. The listings offered third-party laser toner cartridges from vendors, which Canon believes infringed one or more of U.S. Patent No. 8,280,278, U.S. Patent No. 8,630,564, U.S. Patent No. 8,682,215, U.S. Patent No. 8,688,008, U.S. Patent No. 8,676,090, U.S. Patent No. 8,588,646, U.S. Patent. No. 9,581,958, Canadian Patent No. 2,635,791, Canadian Patent No. 2,910,527, Mexican Patent No. 308881 and Mexican Patent No. 317598.
Canon has been the most diligent OEM fighting against infringement.
*The “Amazon Reporting Tool” is a service offered by Amazon and does not encompass any official finding of validity or infringement of a patent. Canon appreciates the support of Amazon in protecting its intellectual property.
**The number of removed listings is the sum of the number of removed listings in each country.
- July 30, 2021, Canon Summarizes Takedowns in Second Quarter
- June 29, 2021, Canon Requests More Takedowns
- June 21, 2021, Canon Asks More Toner Cartridges Delisted
- June 16, 2021, Canon Asks for More Takedowns
- June 9, 2021, Canon Requests More Toner Cartridges Removals
- June 1, 2021, Canon Asks More Toner Cartridges to be Delisted
- May 25, 2021, Canon Made More Removal Requests in May
- May 21, 2021, More Takedowns Requested by Canon
- May 11, 2021, Canon Asks More Toner Cartridges to Be Removed
- May 6, 2021: Canon Takes Down More Toner Cartridges
- April 25, 2021: Another Day with More Canon Takedowns on Amazon
- April 13, 2021: Canon Continues to File Infringement Reports with Amazon
- April 8, 2021: More Toner Cartridges Requested to be Removed Again
- April 7, 2021: Canon Makes New Removal Requests to Amazon
Please leave your comments below for the story “Canon Counts Takedowns in Q3.”