Reviews on Global Printer and Consumables Market in 2020
According to huaon.com, global printer sales turned out to be 87.6 million in units in 2020, with a sales value of US$42.1 billion. In the same year, China-made printer sales registered 17.76 million units, while sales value was RMB32.1 billion (US$5.0 billion).
It is reported that China printer market enjoyed a 4.8% compound growth from 2016 to 2020, higher than that of the global printer market (-1.8%) during the same period.
In 2020, global printing consumables sales reached US$51.8 billion, down 4.1% year-over-year. Some highlights include:
- Global toner cartridge sales reached US$41.4 billion, accounting for 80% of the whole printing consumables sales value. OEM toner cartridges, in particular, contributed a dominating sales value of US$34.8 billion.
- Compatible ink cartridges sales increased from US$5.94 billion in 2015 to US$6.93 billion in 2019 globally, up 3.9% in compound growth.
China printing consumables sales achieved RMB9.3 billion (US$1.5 billion) in 2020, down 4.1% year-over-year. China printing consumables reported a continuous decline in sales value from 2016 to 2020, a -4.3% drop in compound annual growth.
In 2020, China toner cartridges sales were RMB7.8 billion (US$1.2 billion), accounting for 84% of the whole printing consumables sales. OEM toner cartridges sales reached RMB 3.9 billion (US$612.7 million ), accounting for 50% of the whole toner cartridges sales.
From 2015 to 2019, China aftermarket chip market had grown from RMB 1.26 billion (US$198.0 million) to RMB1.36 billion (US$213.7 million), up 2.0% in compound growth. In 2019, sales of chips used in aftermarket toner cartridges and aftermarket ink cartridges accounted for 64.6% and 35.4% respectively.
- IDC: Printer Supply Shortage will Last the Whole Year
- IDCExpects Worldwide Page Volumes to Rebound
- IDC: Indian HCP Market Registers Best Q1
- IDC: India HCP Market Sees Best-ever Q4 Shipment
- IDC: HCP Market Grows in Asia/Pacific in Q4
Please leave your comments below for the story “Reviews on Global Printer and Consumables Market in 2020.”