Konica Minolta Reports Fiscal Results for Q1
Konica Minolta released financial results for the first quarter of the fiscal year 2022 (Q1, 2022) ending March 31, 2023.
Konica Minolta claims that revenue increased in professional print and healthcare business, while decreased in industry business.
According to Konica Minolta, operating profit decreased due to worsensed gross profit ratio, owning to rapid increases in components and logistics expenses, increased SG&A owning to air transportation, recorded business structural reform (Digital Workplace Business) of JPY3.5 billion (US$26.29 million).
Some key numbers include:
- Revenue increased 8% year-over-year to JPY 247.8 billion (US$1.86 billion),
- Gross profit increased 3% year-over-year to JPY 104.8 billion (US$786.95 million)
- Overall operating profit was –JPY 11.0 billion (US$-82.67 million)
- Professional print revenue increased 15% year-over-year to 1 billion (US$413.91 million), while operating profit for professional print turned out to be JPY0.9 billion (US$6.76 million), down 4% compared to the same period last year
- Digital workplace revenue turned out to be JPY 128.9 billion (US$968.30 million), up 6% year-over-year, while operating profit for digital workplace was -7.6 billion (US$-57.08 million)
Numbers for operating profit and profit attributable to owners of the company are negative.
Konica Minolta still increased the overall revenue forecast for the fiscal year 2022 from JPY980 billion (US$7.36 billion) to JPY1020 billion (US$7.66 billion). The OEM kept its JPY 15 billion (US$ 112.85 million) operating profit unadjusted for the fiscal year 2022 forecast.
- Konica Minolta Reports Mixed Results for FY 2021
- Konica Minolta Reports Slight Revenue Growth in Q3
- Konica Minolta Q1 Results in Line with Forecasts
- Konica Minolta Suffers Decline in FY 2020
- Konica Minolta Revenue Falls 28.4%
Please leave your comments below for the story “Konica Minolta Reports Fiscal Results for Q1.”