Canon Launches New Effort to Recycle Empty Cartridges in Europe

After a one-year experimental period with the program in UK and Germany, Canon Europe has recently announced the official launch of its inkjet cartridges recycling program in Europe.

Canon printer users living in 15 European countries can now bring their used or empty inkjet cartridges to Canon stores for recycling. This program is said to enable free recycling of Canon ink cartridges, resulting in the reuse of over 97% of a cartridge while the remaining 3% is used to generate energy from waste.

By now Canon has been running a successful Toner Cartridges Recycling Program in 20 countries, 16 of which in Europe. Started in 1990, the program is said to have recycled more than 287,000 tons of toner cartridges and helped saved 185,000 tons of new raw materials and reduced 430,000 tons of CO2.

With this program, Canon expects to lessen the environmental impact through reducing raw materials they use in manufacturing products. Thus, it can fulfill its philosophy of “living and working together for the common good”.

0 replies

Leave a Comment

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *