https://o1.rtcdn.net/uploads/2020/03/Printer-problem02.jpg 341 341 Tequila Yan https://o1.rtcdn.net/uploads/2020/07/RT-logo-old-big-old-jiazi-3.png Tequila Yan2020-03-27 13:14:082020-03-27 13:45:094 Facts You Must Know About Printer Cartridges- G&G Warns
4 Facts You Must Know About Printer Cartridges- G&G Warns
4 Facts You Must Know About Printer Cartridges – G&G warns consumers to take care
G&G, the printing consumables brand, which is part of the China-based Ninestar Group, is urging consumers to be careful when they purchase inks and toners for their printers, particularly during this unprecedented health crisis.
G&G has initiated a new column called Print Lab on FaceBook, LinkedIn and Twitter social media, to help consumers better take advantage of the cartridges.
“Sometimes, the total cost of consumables could be even higher than a printer,” the company warned.
In a bid to see consumers not waste money the company has released four facts about printer cartridges:
- Do printer cartridges dry out?
It is quite common for ink cartridges to dry out. To avoid this from happening consumers should remember to print every couple of weeks to keep them in optimum working condition. Additionally, cleaning the printhead can help if the cartridge should dry out. Details are provided in a video.For toner cartridges, which use dry powder, there is little chance of them drying out. If it’s been a while since using the printer, remove the cartridge and gently shake it for eight seconds before placing it back into the printer.
- Original or compatible?
- Price: Generally, the price of a compatible toner is 30-70% of the OEM genuine cartridge. But be careful! If a cartridge is unexpectedly cheap, it may run out quickly, give poor-quality prints or even harm the printer. It’s strongly suggested that you pick a well-known brand when choosing compatible products;
- Quality: OEM products are stable because of their printer technology. Yet some compatible cartridge suppliers also manufacture cartridges at the OEM standard and have their own patented technologies to ensure they’re able to deliver OEM-equivalent products;
- Page Yield: Most compatible products offer a “Jumbo” design that usually prints 30% more pages and costs less per page compared to OEM products;
- Eco-Friendly: Printing consumables are closely related to your health. Whether you buy an OEM or a compatible, you should buy the products which are compliant with regulations as RoHS, REACH, ISO14001 and ISO9001 etc.
- A trivial but vital function: the display of ink level
Have you ever rushed to print out a business document only to find the cartridge is empty? It may cause some trouble if you suddenly find the cartridge running out of ink. Don’t worry, G&G has self-developed E-patch technology which allows cartridges to show ink level accurately. A real-time display ensures a reliable working situation. Find more in the video;
- How to store toner cartridges the right way?
Thanks for pointing out that drying is something I should be wary about when it comes to toner cartridges. I’m thinking about buying some from a toner cartridge supply store but I think I should not buy too much. Once I have figured out how to properly store them, that will be the time when I will be confident enough to stock up on them.