Epson has announced the SureLab® D870 Minilab Photo Printer – a drylab printer built for demanding small-format photo production. Delivering outstanding levels of productivity, the SureLab D870 leverages Epson UltraChrome® D6r-S dye-based ink technology plus an advanced, reliable print engine design to deliver exceptional print speeds – up to 430 4” x 6”, 275 5” x 7”, or 140 8” x 10” photos per hour. Featuring new media handling capabilities and a new quick print mode, the SureLab D870 can print on many types of finishes in a variety of sizes, including square and panoramic photos, delivering industrial-quality performance in a compact design to the retail, resort or event photography markets.
“Epson strives to meet the needs of all photographers and print shop providers, from wide-format gallery prints to small-format quick photo prints,” said Reed Hecht, senior product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “Ideal for photo labs, as well as retail, resort and event photographers, the new SureLab D870 meets the market need for a high-speed, high-demand, small-format photo printer that produces superb image quality at exceptional print speeds.”
Successor to the SureLab D700, the SureLab D870 delivers industrial level performance in a compact footprint. Featuring a new roll paper holder designed to make changing media rolls easier, the printer now supports a minimum media width of 3.5 inches and delivers outstanding output on a range of media including glossy, luster and matte surfaces up to 8.3” x 39.” A new optional robust media output tray collects print jobs, keeping large runs of prints organized and off the desk.
The SureLab D870 leverages Epson technology to print on an array of photo finishes, in a variety of BorderFree® sizes, including panoramas . Additional features include:
- Exceptional Image Quality – 6-color UltraChrome D6r-S dye-based ink technology offers a wide color gamut designed for true-to-life, smudge, water, and fade resistant prints2
- Built for Demanding Production – Produces up to 430 4” x 6” prints, 275 5” x 7” prints, or 140 8” x 10” prints per hour1
- Advanced Print Engine Design – Features Epson’s proven, reliable MicroPiezo® AMC™ printhead and AccuPhoto™ image processing and screening technology for smooth gradations, accurate skin tones and sharp photos
- Outstanding Versatility – Prints on an array of media, including glossy, luster and matte surfaces, in a variety of sizes, including 4” x 6”, 5” x 3.5”, 5” x 5”, 5” x 7”, 6” x 6”, 6” x 20”, 8” x 8”, 8” x 10” and 8” x 20”
- Industrial-Quality Performance in a Compact Footprint – Offers maximum flexibility and scalability; perfect for retail, resort and event photography
- Simple, Easy-to-Use System – Includes Epson Professional Photographic Print Drivers for Windows® and Mac®; allows for printing directly from popular photo printing applications or kiosk systems
- Minimal Maintenance – Replace consumables as needed and perform simple periodic cleaning3
- World-Class Service and Support – Features a reliable print engine, backed by Epson’s U.S.-based support team and standard 1-year Epson PreferredSM limited warranty with whole-unit exchange4
Pricing and Availability
The SureLab D870 Minilab printer (MSRP $2,495) offers a standard 1 year Epson PreferredSM Limited Warranty, limited on-site warranty with U.S.-based phone support and an optional extended on-site service plan. The SureLab D870 is designed to work exclusively with Epson UltraChrome D6-S ink* and will be available through Epson Authorized Professional Imaging Resellers in July 2019. For more information, visit www.proimaging.epson.com.