Global HCP Market Continues to Grow in Q2
The worldwide hardcopy peripherals (HCP) market shipments growing 13.4% year over year to nearly 22.9 million units in the second quarter (Q2). According to IDC, it is the fourth quarter in a row that the global HCP market reported growth.
Shipment value also increased during the quarter with year-over-year growth of 31.2% to $10.2 billion signaling the return to the office.
Notable highlights from the quarter include:
- Inkjet vendors continued to record high shipments to cater to ongoing demand and to fill order backlogs. The Laser market also saw year-over-year growth, another sign that the return to office is underway.
- Seven out of nine regional markets witnessed year-over-year expansion in unit shipments. Similar to last quarter, the common theme for this quarter is that growth was driven by increased demand for low-end devices.
- HP Inc. and Epson grew 11.7% and 57.1% year over year, respectively while Canon declined 5.9% due to semiconductor shortages and stock issues. As with Canon, Brother also experienced significant challenges regarding production and stock availability causing it to contract 4.9% year over year.
In the first quarter, the global HCP market shipments growing 19.3% year over year to approximately 25.5 million units, according to IDC.
Shipment value also increased during the quarter with year-over-year growth of 10.8% to $10.9 billion as more tenders and contract renewals took place in the office.
- IDC: Global HCP Market Grows in Q1
- IDC Reveals European MFP Market Shipments Continue to Grow
- IDC: Q3 Western Europe MFP Market Increases in Units
- IDC: Global HCP Market Shipment Grows but Value Declined in Q4
Please leave your comments below for the story “Global HCP Market Continues to Growth in Q2”.