Brother Names 32 Infringers in US ITC Complaint
Brother Names 32 Alleged Infringers
On August 19, 2019, Brother Industries filed a 337 complaint at the U.S. International Trade Commission, alleging infringement of the patents covering its laser toner cartridges, U.S. Patents Nos. 9,568,856; 9,575,460; 9,632,456; 9,785,093; and 9,846,387.
The complaint names 32 respondents. Most are U.S.-based importers and resellers, who sell on Amazon, but there are six Hong Kong-based resellers. Aster is the sole manufacturer named in the complaint.
The 32 companies listed in the complaint, many of whom Brother alleges buy their cartridges from Aster, are as follows:
- AMI Brothers, Inc. based in San Bruno, CA;
- An An Beauty Limited based in Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Aster Graphics, Inc. based in Riverside, California;
- Aztech Enterprises Limited based in Kowloon, Hong Kong;
- Billiontree Technology USA Inc. based in City of Industry, California;
- Carlos Imaging Supplies, Inc. based in Hacienda Heights, California;
- Do it Wiser, LLC based in Wilmington, Delaware;
- Eco Imaging Inc. based in Irvine, California;
- Ecoolsmart Co. based in Rowland Heights, California;
- EPrinter Solution LLC (“EPS”) of Pomona, California;
- E-Z Ink Inc. (“E-Z Ink”) of Brooklyn, New York;
- Globest Trading Inc. based in Ontario, California;
- Greencycle Tech, Inc. based in South El Monte, California;
- Hongkong Boze Co., Ltd. based in Kowloon, Hong Kong;
- I8 International Inc. based in City of Industry, California;
- IFree E-Commerce Co. based in Kowloon, Hong Kong;
- Ikong E-Commerce based in Walnut, California;
- Intercon International Corp. based in Brea, California;
- IPrint Enterprise Limited based in Kowloon, Hong Kong;
- LD Products, Inc. based in Long Beach, California;
- Linkyo Corp. based in La Puente, California;
- Mangoket LLC based in Alhambra, California;
- New Era Image LLC based in Corona, California;
- OW Supplies Corp. based in Corona, California;
- Smartjet E-Commerce Co., LLC based in Wan Chai, Hong Kong;
- Solong E-Commerce Co., LLC based in Wan Chai, Hong Kong;
- Super Warehouse Inc. based in Blaine, Washington;
- Theresa Meng is a person based in Brooklyn, New York;
- Triple Best LLC based in San Diego, California;
- V4ink, Inc. based in Diamond Bar, California;
- Cartridge Evolution, Inc. based in Brooklyn, New York;
- Zhuhai Xiaohui E-Commerce Co., Ltd. based in Zhuhai, China.
What is your reaction to Brother names 32 alleged infringers? Some say Brother will now go after the reseller market in the USA. Add your comments below.
for their profit they have to keep the aftermarket consumables or they will loose their market