IDC: Global HCP Shipments Grow in Q1
Worldwide shipments of hardcopy peripherals (HCP) grew 2.2% year over year to 22.8 million units in the first quarter of 2023 (Q1, 2023), according to IDC. Shipment value also expanded 14.0% year over year during the quarter to $11.0 billion.
Notable highlights from the quarter include:
- Improved product availability, back-order fulfillment, and fewer restrictions on factory capabilities contributed to the year-over-year gains in both units and shipment value on the global level.
- All regional markets, except Japan, recorded year-over-year gains in shipment value in Q1, with the United States leading the chart at 27.7% growth, followed by China (PRC) at 19.1% and Western Europe at 11.7%. Improved inventory for some of the leading brands combined with the return to normal operations and pent-up demand to drive shipment value growth in the corporate sector and the A3 segment.
- Three out of the top 5 vendors posted positive year-over-year unit growth in Q1 with Epson at 11.2%, Brother 16.0%, and Pantum 33.9%.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,300 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology, IT benchmarking and sourcing, and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC’s analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world’s leading tech media, data, and marketing services company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC and LinkedIn. Subscribe to the IDC Blog for industry news and insights.
- IDC: Western European HCP Shipment Declines in Q1
- IDC: Malaysia HCP Market Declines in Q4
- IDC：Indonesia HCP Market Reports YoY Growth in Q4
- IDC: Global Industrial Printer Shipments Declines in Q4
- IDC: APeJ HCP Market Reports Record High Annual Growth in Q4
Please leave your comments below for the story “IDC: Global HCP Shipments Grow in Q1.”