HP Warns Updates Will Impact Consumers and Aftermarket
HP has issued a warning on its website that it will “update” 902-909 and 952-959 ink cartridges with warranty-end dates between January to April 2021, in December this year.
The company claims that the ink cartridges that will be updated are compatible with both current and future printers that use these cartridge numbers. Cartridge and printer availability and compatibility may vary by region.
Beginning December 1, 2020:
- HP 902, 903, 904, 905, 906XL, 907XL, 908XL, and 909XL cartridges with Warranty-end dates of April 2021 or earlier might not be compatible with these HP OfficeJet printers:
- HP 952, 953, 954, 955, 956XL, 957XL, 958XL, and 959XL cartridges with Warranty-end dates of January 2021 or earlier might not be compatible with these HP OfficeJet Pro printers:
Original HP cartridges installed in these printers prior to December 1, 2020, will function normally and without interruption.
Beginning in early 2019, HP began shipping a new updated version of the following ink cartridges: HP 902, 903, 904, 905, 906XL, 907XL, 908XL, 909XL, 952, 953, 954, 955, 956XL, 957XL, 958XL, and 959XL.
HP claims that its updates on consumables or printers, from time to time, are to improve quality, enhance security, and prevent counterfeit and warranty fraud.
It is inevitable, the company says, that updates will impact many end-users and aftermarket companies.
- LockDown Drives Up Inkjet Sales in Europe
- Consumers Abandon HP Over Firmware Issues
- Industry Body Urges HP to Change its Firmware Updates
- HPs Dirty Tricks During Coronavirus Shutdown
Please add any comments you may have below about this story, “HP Warns Updates Will Impact Consumers and Aftermarket.“