Hardcopy Printer Shipment Segment Grows 8.6%
According to the International Data Corporation (IDC), worldwide shipments of hardcopy peripherals (HCP) increased for the first time since the second quarter of 2018, growing 8.6% year over year to nearly 26.2 million units in the third quarter of 2020 (3Q20).
The results have been published in IDC’s Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker. IDC maintained the year-over-year expansion was driven by the demand for low-end, cost-effective inkjet devices for home working and home education.
Notable highlights from the third quarter include:
- Year-over-year increases in unit shipments were observed in the three largest regional markets – the United States, Western Europe, and China. The growth was stimulated by increased working and learning from home, which require affordable printers for home-based printing.
- HP Inc. and Canon posted significant year-over-year growth in global shipments at 22.7% and 12.1% respectively.
- Both the inkjet and laser markets posted year-over-year growth in 3Q20, registering gains of 13.8% and 2.0% respectively.
Further, IDC provided the respective rankings for the top 5 printer OEMs as follows:
- IDC tracks A2-A4 devices whose primary application is document printing in the Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker.
- Hardcopy Peripherals include single-function printers, multifunction printers (MFPs), and single-function digital copiers (SF DC).
- Data for all vendors are reported for calendar periods.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is a premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC’s analysis and insights help IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), a leading tech media, data and marketing services company.
- For more information about IDC’s Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, please contact Phuong Hang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com.
- Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC and LinkedIn.
- Subscribe to the IDC Blog for industry news and insights: http://bit.ly/IDCBlog_Subscribe.
- 5 Steps Revealed to Seize the Cloud Print Advantage
- China and Other Asian Markets Rally After Biden Win
- IDC: Q3 Western Europe MFP Market Increases in Units
- MPS Channel Optimistic Despite Impact of COVID-19
- IDC: Spend on Cloud Service Will Continue to Grow Due to Covid-19
- Microsoft Allows 150 Thousand Employees to Work From Home
- Epson Canon Pantum Analyze the Print Market in Argentina
- New Free Trade Zones as China Economy Remains Robust
Please add your comments below about this story, “Hardcopy Printer Shipment Segment Grows 8.6%.”