COVID Causes OKI Casualty in America
OKI Data Americas Inc. will cease the distribution of OKI-branded printer hardware in the Americas market.
In a website announcement dated September 1, 2020, the printer OEM blames a significant impact in sales revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the associated economic slowdown. “In addition,” the statement read, “our parts procurement and production capabilities have been affected by the pandemic, which has created global supply chain challenges. As a result, our parent company, OKI Data Corporation, determined this new path forward.”
OKI will complete shipments of OKI-branded printer hardware to its distribution partners and resellers by March 31, 2021.
According to the statement, all LED-based single and multifunction, as well as dot-matrix, printer hardware is impacted.
On the matter of consumables and supplies, parts and warranty service, OKI stated it will continue to provide support for a minimum of 5 years or as required by regulations and contracts. “Our goal is to minimize any disruptions and keep the OKI machines-in-field productive for years to come.”
- OKI Data will continue to honor printer warranties for the full warranty period;
- OKI will continue to allow iots authorized partners to use the OKI brand as they continue to sell genuine OKI consumables and parts, as well as provide service, to the market;
- OKI Data Americas Inc. will continue to actively manage the OKI brand, as well as OKI registered trademarks, in the Americas to protect the interests of both OKI and our authorized partners;
- the OKI website will continue to remain active and serve as a resource for firmware updates, printer drivers, MSDS sheets, product information, as well as provide contact information for technical support, consumables purchasing and service;
- OKI will maintain the 1-800-OKI-Data customer support line.
The closure of the Texas-based sales operations in America impacts OKI Data Americas which includes the United States, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central and South American countries. Other OKI regions, such as EMEA, Asia/Pacific, and Japan are not impacted by this announcement.
OKI Data urges any customers that have additional questions to contact them online.
- OKI Steps Up With Free Social Distancing Artwork
- OKIs New CEO Hails from HP, Philips, Apple and IBM
- Income Down but Profits Up for OKI
- OKI Europe Launches Intelligent MFP
- OKI Europe Appoints New Managing Director
- Rise in Profits and Sales for Japanese Company OKI
Please add your comments below about this story, “COVID Causes OKI Casualty in America.”