Industry Clicks on Biggest News Stories for August 2020
Xerox looks to China for its toners, HP warns its customers, and office print volumes predicted to bounce back. These are among the top 10 printer and imaging supplies stories this month.
RT Media published 89 news stories about printers and supplies during August 2020 and the top 10 most clicked on by the global industry have been identified. You can also watch the news broadcast that highlights the top 10 stories. The top 10 imaging news stories the industry clicked on most in August 2020, ranked from No #10 through to the No.#1 story:
- Carl Icahn has increased his share in Xerox by investing in an additional 1.8 million shares to now hold more than 25 million shares.
- The High Court of Australia, the country’s highest court, finally heard an appeal from Calidad over its drawn-out battle started by Seiko Epson in 2017 and will hand down its decision in November.
- Cartridge remanufacturers in Europe demanded fast action from the EU because consumers are being denied choice by printer OEMs which are holding them hostage to buying expensive, environmentally damaging ink cartridge replacements.
- Ninestar’s G&G turned to the automobile industry for inspiration to develop its very own patented turbocharger technology solution in compatible Canon toner bottles.
- A summons has gone out to HP from the High Court in India following allegations from a whistleblower that the printer OEM is bribing officials to secure government projects and tenders.
- In South Africa, HP had to remind its over-zealous sales staff trying to win government contracts that the use of third-party supplies in printers do not void the warranty of those devices.
- And in Argentina, HP has had all third-party toners and inks removed from sale on the popular eCommerce channel Mercado Libre claiming they all infringed its intellectual property.
- During August you also clicked on countless stories of new products from Chinese companies Mito, Chipjet, G&G, and Print-Rite. However, the company you clicked on the most was HYB, the company that develops, manufactures and sells copier toners and parts all around the world.
Top 3 imaging news stories you clicked on most in August:
- The third most popular story was the research finding published by Quocirca. The research group conducted a survey of 303 companies with more than 500 employees in the USA and the UK during July.
- They found 48%, which is almost half of the employees are expected to remain working remotely after the pandemic is over.
- And, 71% expect print volumes to remain the same or increase once we return to this new normal.
- HP has warned it will send out firmware updates to certain printers in December that may lock out its customers using both OEM as well as third-party supplies. Consumers are being urged to look at warranty end dates on their cartridges to see if they will be affected and to check the HP website for details. HP claims its updates on consumables or printers, from time to time, are to improve quality, enhance security, and prevent counterfeit and warranty fraud.
- Xerox has moved quietly back into using aftermarket supplies and will allegedly use toners sourced from Ninestar in China.
- Xerox introduced its own line of aftermarket toner with its “Everyday Toner” program. Many of the printers it services are not Xerox devices including printers and copiers.
- In the past, Xerox has used Print-Rite cartridges and toners as well as remanufactured finished products from Clover.
- A reliable source who wished to remain anonymous said, Xerox will use Ninestar toners for its non-Xerox A4 printers. For A3 copiers and devices, Xerox will use toners sources from Katun.
- There’s much more about this story on our website.
As always keep in touch with breaking news every day at our website. Thanks for keeping in touch. I’m David Gibbons.
Did you miss the biggest stories from the last two months?
- Industry Clicks on Biggest News Stories for August 2020
- Industry Clicks on Biggest News Stories for July 2020
- Industry Clicks on Biggest News Stories for June 2020
Watch inTouch TV News
- Watch the top 10 news for August 2020
- Watch the top 10 news for July 2020
- Watch the top 10 news for June 2020
Please add your comments about this blog, “Industry Clicks on Biggest News Stories for August 2020” below.